a.k.a WordPress Sandbox or Demo Builder
When you create a new template, InstaWP asks you a "template type". You can either select "Private" or "Public" for this property.
- Private - This type of templates can be used by you or your team in order to create new sites from a saved snapshot a.k.a template.
- Shared - This type of template can be shared with any one on the internet, and anyone can create a new site based off of your template.
While creating a new template mark the template as "Shared" as shown below:
Then, you will see the new template created under the "Shared" tab in the templates screen.
Shared Template Options
For shared templates, you get a ton of options to customize the look, feel and behavious of the template landing page.
Template Landing Page - this page is shown to users with whom you have shared your template link. This link is accessible to anyone on the internet.
A shared template looks like this:
- Template Name is shown on the top
- Description is shown next
- User can subscribed to the newsletter
- User will be provided with site URL, username and password.
- User can auto login to the wp-admin panel.
To know more about the template options, read Template Options.
Updated 6 months ago