Every InstaWP account comes with a "default" configurations, which is accessible in the Configurations menu.
Templates vs Configurations
Templates are a snapshot of a site - it is a full blown WordPress site with content, plugins, themes, settings etc.
Configurations on the other hand, is a set of pre-configured PHP and WordPress values, for example a list of pre-installed plugins and themes. Both serve different purpose.
You can select a default WP and PHP version here, this will auto select the values in the "create site" modal box.
You can change PHP values from this screen which will be used to launch a new site.
You can pre-set WordPress related settings in this screen.
- WP_DEBUG - Enable WordPress debug mode.
- AUTOMATIC_UPDATER_DISABLED - Disables any kind of auto update.
- WP_AUTO_UPDATE_CORE - Just disables core updates.
Toggle this option to auto install Multi site (directory based).
You can supply a list of plugin slugs from wordpress.org.
In the same way, you could pre-install theme slugs from wordpress.org.
In addition to WordPress.org slugs we also support direct URL (.zip). We will then download the archive and activate the plugin or theme for you.
Using Faker you can pre-populate your WordPress instance with random data. This is particularly useful when your testing requirements need some content already created inside WordPress.
To use the Faker feature, you just need to switch ON "Core Faker" and provide inputs to the fields as shown below:
- Core Faker - Enable this to create fake content
- Posts - Number of posts.
- Pages - Number of pages.
- Attachments - Number of media files.
- Authors - Number of users.
- Attachment Keyword - Faker will use this to create media files using this keyword as a guide.
Updated 17 days ago